May 16, 2001

Kim Curthoys
19 East Market Street
Rhinebeck, NY 12572-1639

Dear Mrs. Curthoys,

I recently became aware of your inquiry regarding your exclusive use
of international music and your need for a BMI license.

BMI has reciprocal agreements with music licensing organizations in
over 50 countries.  These agreements allow BMI to represent works of
broad international diversity including Latin, Irish, Japanese and
South Korean, to name a few.  At the same time, this relationship
ensures that American songwriters are compensated when their works
are played overseas.

If you perform music from other countries for authentic ambiance,
it is most likely that a great deal of the music you play is licensed
in the United States by BMI as part of our program to bring American
music to the rest of the world and to bring their music to you.  So,
whatever music you perform to benefit your business, its public
performance requires a license.

I hope this answered your questions.  For your convenience, we have
enclosed a BMI Music License for your completion.  Thank you for
your interest in this matter.  If you have further questions, please
call me between 9 a.m. and 5 p.m. (Central Time) at 1-800-925-8451.


Craig M. Stamm
General Licensing

See Table of Contents See Previous Go to next page